Sunday, March 16, 2014

Project Life // My first 10 weeks {Part 4 of 4}

Holy Cannoli! We are now at week 10!

Week 10 Spread

For this spread I used the latest Studio Calico kit, Office Hours! I also got the Add-On Report and some of the new Color Theory inks to play with. My favorite part of this spread is the lower bottom 4x6 on the right side because of all the little elements I used. I will get into more detail on how I put this spread together on another post, so keep an eye out for that one!

Week 10 // Left Side

Week 10 // Right side

Week 10 // Detail

This now concludes my 4 part blog posts covering my first 10 weeks of project life. It has been quite the learning process, but I definitely had fun and it just makes me happy looking back at everything so far! If I had a list of tips/tricks/techniques that I always came back to, they would be:

// use the same kind/color of embellishments throughout the spread to make it more cohesive.
// picking out the set PL cards that I want to use before I did anything else.
// cutting up PL cards and using them as accents on other cards also help bring the spread together.
// just remember to have fun with it!

 The last one is especially important because sometimes I feel like I might lightweight stress out about trying to make things look "perfect" when it's not about that. The end goal for me is to have something that is fun to do while documenting memories! When I look back at it years from now, I don't think I'm going to really care about the placement of this embellishment here, or the use of this stamp there, I'll just be happy that I have these things to remember moments in my life. It has been a great creative outlet so far and I’m looking forward to creating more with Project Life!

For past project life spreads check out my past posts!


I will continue to post up my weekly spreads as I create them, so stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment