Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Lent 2014

So this year I'm doing things a little differently. For the most part, in the past I've given up some kind of food. This year, I'll try to DO more, if that makes sense.

Here was my initial list I wrote yesterday:



1 // #NOSPENDLENT

In an efforts to save money and also to use what I have, I will not be shopping during lent (aside from my Studio Calico subscription which is automatic and I can't cancel without a fee since I haven't had it for 6 months yet, but this really means no add-ons next month!). That means no crafty stuff, no clothes, no buying things I don't need. Also, to practice that saying that "If you love what you have, you have everything you need."

2 // PRAY THE ROSARY EVERY DAY

Something that is a little different this lent is I'm trying to be more pro-active instead of giving things up. As always, I am always re-evaluating myself in what I need to do to improve myself in all aspects of my life - spirtually, physically, mentally, emotionally, ect. I feel like I've been slacking in the prayer department, so hopefully this Lent I can recharge and grow in my relationship with God.

3 // STOP BEING LATE TO WORK + DON'T GO ON YOUR PHONE WORK DAY MORNINGS

So this happens to me often: I wake up, go on my phone for what feels like 5 minutes, but then look at the time and 20 minutes of my life is now gone forever. This is not ok, and I don't know why I have the urge to check my phone first thing in the morning. Also, I am usually a very timely person. If I make plans with someone I am always on time, but lately I have been late to work. I don't want to be that person. Time is valuable, and I want to be a good example to my son and to myself, if that makes any sense.

4 // WRITE 5 THINGS YOU'RE THANKFUL FOR EVERY DAY

Sometimes I feel like it is really easy to take things for granted. This is just a reminder that even though our day may seem completely ordinary, we have a lot of good things in our lives, like our health, being able to bring food to the table, having a warm bed at night, and being with the ones you love. Doesn't even matter if I repeat the same things often, at least I can remind myself to stay humble and to be thankful.

5 // DO 1 RAK A WEEK

For those who don't know, RAK = Random Act of Kindness. This can be a lot of things. For example, my RAK this week was bringing my preggers coworker a custard bun from a bakery I went to yesterday. Spread good deeds, it's a good thing. ;)

**Did you know....?**
- If you are nursing or pregnant, you are exempt from Lent.
- Sundays do not "count" for lent because it's considered a day of rest (although you can continue your Lenten promises on Sundays if you choose to)
For more information, this was a good site my friend showed me: http://coffeetalkwithleslie.blogspot.com/2011/03/lent-101-all-pregant-ladies-and-fun.html?m=1

What are you doing for Lent this year?


Big Hug,
Jez

No comments:

Post a Comment