Monday, March 24, 2014

#Mommylife Mondays // A growing baby

So, my baby turned 10 months yesterday. As my son’s first birthday creeps up on me, I think about how fast this first year is passing me by. Some of my friends just recently had their babies so they are still in the newborn phase and I think about the things I miss (sometimes) about Brennan being a newborn.



They’re less mobile // As exciting as it is that Brennan can crawl and is on his way to walking, I do miss the days where I can just have him in my lap while catching up on shows. Or, can I take back the days when diaper changes didn’t include wrestling a baby from turning over? Or how about not worrying about him rolling off or crawling off the bed? haha



They sleep all the time // Before, it used to be like: “He was barely awake! He naps all day long!” Now it’s like, “He’s been awake for 5 hours and he won’t nap with me! I’m tired!”



Feeding // As much as I’m happy that I will soon be done with breastfeeding, I know I will also miss it. It is definitely a special thing that bonds a mother and baby.

As much as I (sometimes) miss these things, there are a ton of things that are so fun about a growing baby.

More interactive // I love it when I ask him to do something, and he plays along.



Less fragile // I remember when Brennan was first born, he just seemed so itty bitty. Just doing things, we always had to make sure his neck was cradled and cutting his itty bitty nails were so scary, lol.



More mobile // As much as I struggle with my previous comments about his mobility, I love that he can explore the world around him. I know I’m going to regret saying this, but I can’t wait till he can start walking! haha

More independent // I love playing and spending time with Bren, but sometimes I need to do other things, like laundry, or rest a bit (he has so much energy!), so sometimes I put him in the pack and play and he can usually entertain himself with whatever toys he has or take a couple of laps in his pack and play. It is also nice to see him feed himself when he can so I can also eat (parent's you can feel me on this one, right?


Parenting is such an adventure, I've never experienced anything like it. It is such hard work, but so rewarding and so exciting. There are definitely challenging days where I am so tired or where he is just not in the mood, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I am so happy to be his mommy and I look forward to all his milestones and growth in the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment