Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Experiments with watercolor

One of my personal goals for this year was to get some creative mojo back into my life. I have been exploring different things, from making my first quilt to doing project life. One thing I was definitely interested in was experimenting with watercolor.



I have a Winsor & Newton pan set back when I was in school for a few projects, but have not touched it ever since. I was inspired by works done by ... so I finally decided to get around to playing with watercolor this past weekend and this was the result:



I definitely had fun, and it wasn't as hard as I expected it to be, probably because I sketched out some ideas and had tons of inspirational images to refer to. It didn't take as long, but I only have 2 brush types (one skinny round tip and one thick water brush), so I wonder how much more I can do with more brushes and a tube set or Gouache. I think I will be doing more water coloring from here on out. Hopefully, with more time and practice, I can create stationary sets and list them in an Etsy shop! Here's to dreaming.



Just for fun, I made my first watercolors a free 3x4 printable for you to enjoy. You can download them here. If you end up using them, please tag #ughiloveitblog, I'd love to see it! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment