Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Project Life // My first 10 weeks {Part 2 of 4}

So to continue on my first 10 weeks, here are my next couple weeks of Project Life.

Week 4 Spread (Sorry it got kind of cut off)

Week 4 I kind of tried to aim for a bit of a color theme, as you can kind of see I stuck to gold/yellow and blue for the most part. My favorite part of this spread is the 3x4 script card I made since I was inspired by everyone taking the Studio Calico Life Scripted class. Also had a bit of fun cutting up some PL cards I had and using them as accents instead of a whole card.

Week 4 // Left Side

Week 4 // Right Side

Week 4 // Detail

Week 5 Spread

For Week 5 I had a little bit of trouble. There were some cards that were left from the kits I had that I wanted to use up, but at the same time weren't my favorite cards so I had to figure out the best way to incorporate them. For example, the top left 4x6 card on the left side were a little bit too girly for me, so I cut up and layered another older card (that said happy holidays 2013 on it, and the holidays were over with) and shaped the photo to fit the star burst shape that was on the card. This was the week I also found some tags in my stash and I stamped a bunch and started to use them on my spread.

My favorite part of this weeks spread is actually the 4x6 card of a picture of myself and I used some day stamps from the Studio Calico Day to Day class to create a pattern.

Week 5 // Left Side

Week 5 // Right Side

Week 6 Spread
Week 6 was kind of a crazy mess overall, but I love individual parts of this spread. I cut up a chipboard frame and used it as photo accents for the Black and White photos of Bren that went across two 4x6 cards. This was the first time I also made notes that were not in a straight line (the 4x6 card of me being "sick", I wrote about it in a semi-circle). It was also my first time printing out a story I typed up on vellum since if I hand wrote it, it probably would have taken too much space. I also kept the weekly card pretty simple and just put it on a 3x4 card with a little bit of watercolor accent. My favorite part of this spread is probably the simple one of my son sleeping with sequins surrounding him.

Week 6 // Left Side

Week 6 // Right Side

Most of these PL cards and accents are from Studio Calico Kits and then I would supplement them with things from my stash.

If you missed my past post about Weeks 1-3, you can check it out here!
Stay tuned for weeks 7-9! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment