Monday, March 17, 2014

#Mommylife Mondays // A Look Back: Emails to my baby

When I was preggers, I thought it would be fun to email my future child some journaling on what was going on at different times of the pregnancy. I usually would start off the email by saying "Dear ____" whatever fruit or veggie size the baby was currently in. I wanted to share one of the emails I wrote to my baby while I was pregnant. This picture is from when I took maternity photos around 31 weeks (7 months).



Dear Baby Grape,

According to your first ultrasound on Friday, you are 9 weeks and 1 day today! Mommy saw you for the first time and felt relieved. Dr. Kent says you're already moving a lot and your heartbeat was 160 bpm! When Daddy saw the picture of you, he said he couldn't stop looking at you. He calls you a baby shrimp. LOL. We think you're a girl, but we still have quite awhile till we find out (we are waiting till you're born!). Mommy doesn't feel as nauseous as she was a couple weeks ago, so hopefully you decided I needed more energy to stay active and healthy and to get things ready for your arrival! Everyone that knows about you, is so excited, and loves you very much. You are going to be so spoiled! Once we have our next appointment and a couple more tests to make sure you're all good and healthy, we are planning on announcing your expected arrival to the rest of the world. I've been seeing things lately that I have to share with your Auntie Stina and Auntie Lara of things I would buy you, if you were a boy, or a girl. Mommy can't wait to go shopping for you! Daddy says you won't get named brand stuff (from us) because you'll grow out of your clothes so fast, but good thing Mommy likes Target. Anyways, can't wait to see you again in a couple weeks! Love you so much!

Love,
Mommy

p.s. Please don't ask your Aunties and Uncles to get you a puppy when we tell you no. Because they will get you a puppy (or two) in secret. lol.


Did you do anything special to document your pregnancy? This was pre-project life, so I think if I knew about project life then, I might have done things differently. But this was simple way to remember different parts of my pregnancy and I still love having these to read and look back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment