Thursday, March 13, 2014

Project Life // My first 10 weeks {Part 3 of 4}

To continue on my journey of my first 10 weeks of Project life, here is weeks 7-9:

Week 7 Spread

Week 7 was the week where something finally clicked. Before I even printed out my photos, I decided to choose my PL cards first. This time I went with a color theme – red, white, and grey since it was the week of Valentine’s day. This seemed to help my process A LOT. I hit a PR with finishing a spread – only took about 3.5 hours including printing out photos. AMAZE. From here on out, after I finished up a spread, I went ahead and picked out PL cards for the next weeks spread if I already had the cards/kit I wanted to use. Also, to make my spread more cohesive, I used pops of red sequins/enamel dots everywhere. Week 7 was also the week I started to make my photos a bit smaller so whatever design that was on the PL card would still be able to show through. My favorite part of this spread is the top left 4x6 card on the life side with Bren’s black and white picture and some journaling. Iadded a little bit of red stitching and I loved it.

Week 7 // Left side
Week 7 // Right side
 
Week 7 // Detail
Week 8 Spread

Most of week 8’s PL cards and embellishments came from Studio Calico’s Sugar Rush kit. This was also the week I got my sewing machine so I was able to add stitching to some cards, which I love. I also got a new 2” circle punch which I was able to use for a photo and to punch out a part of a card which I was able to use the scraps on two other 3x4’s which made for a more cohesive look. My favorite card is, again probably the most simple card, of Bren in black and white with a little bit of washi and some gold sequins from Studio Calico’s essentials collection. Sometimes I struggle with the concept “less is more”, but it is something I would like to practice more of.

 
Week 8 // Left side
  
Week 8 // Right side


  




Week 8 // Detail
Week 9 Spread
 Week 9 took me the longest to finish. I think it’s because now I have a desk where I can leave my spread and come back to it if I’m too tired or busy to work on it, as opposed to working on the floor in one sitting because I would have to then put everything away in order to clear a pathway. I played around with a Project Life paper pad I got and created a hex pattern for my weekly card and used various roller stamps to stamp some sentiments. Also used some new goodies I got from Heidi Swapp, her alphas to spell out Ikea. I haven’t tried to sew through them yet though, I was afraid of accidentally breaking my sewing machine, so I ended up just using the tiny attacher and stapling them to the page. 


Week 9 // Left side

Week 9 // Right side



Missed the first couple weeks? You can check them out here:
Weeks 4-6

Whew! 9 Weeks covered in 3 posts! Are you still with me? For making it this far, I've included a free printable! I love this saying and it made a great addition to my craft corner wall. I also included a 3x4 version for those who want to include it in their Project Life. ;)


You can get the free printable here! If you end up using this printable, I would love to see it in your home/crafting space/project life/pen pal letters! Please hashtag #ughiloveitblog so I can see it in use! Thanks in advance and keep an eye out for the week 10 post! :)

2 comments:

  1. Your pages are fabulous. I love the cohesiveness. The stitching on a photo is so great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I replied to this, but Thank you Nirupama! :)

      Delete