Saturday, May 3, 2014

National Scrapbook Day 2014

Happy National Scrapbook Day!

In honor of NSD, I actually put a 12x12 layout together! I don't remember the last time I scrapbooked in this format, so this was a great reason for me to play around with something a little different.

I used a photo I loved from our most recent family trip of me and Brennan walking on the beach at Pismo. As some of you may know, I took a 2 week leave from work to spend time with my family and my baby before he turns the big 1 in the end of May.


I used a mix of papers, gold sequins, and washi tape to create this layout. I kept it simple and finished this LO in under an hour! I used Studio Calico's prompts from NSD from their blog including their NSD Challenge 01 (to use blue, pink, aqua, with a touch of gold), and their NSD Challenge 05 using one of their sketches.

This was a fun challenge! Makes me feel like I might do more 12x12 layouts in the future. ;)

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! I love the bursts of washi tape. Funnily enough, I did my first full size layout in ages for NSD yesterday too. Will likely mix a few more into my PL :)

    ReplyDelete