Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Project Life // Week 17

Still trying to catch up, so I kept week 17 pretty simple. This week I used project life cards from the exclusive Kiwi Core kit that was only found at Joann's. Lucky for me, I was able to swap some of my Jade core kit for some of a Kiwi core kit through Instagram - which, btw, is a great way to get a variety of kits without breaking a budget ;). Plus, each core kit comes with so many multiples that you can easily split the kit into 1/3rds to swap while still having a good amount of the kit for yourself.

Week 17 Spread

Week 17 // Right side

Week 17 // Left side

Week 17 // Details
I love these new Mambi stickers I picked up from Michaels this past week. They're clear so you can see the color behind them. My favorite card from this week is the Easter 4x6 card. I fussy cut a camera from a 3x4 card from the Kiwi core kit and used it as an embellishment. I also used a bit of foam adhesives to layer some photos and embellishments this week. And of course sequins, sequins, sequins. I re-stocked my gold sequins from Studio Calico and picked up some blues. We'll see when I get tired of using sequins as embellishments, but it doesn't seem like anytime soon, haha.


DIY sleeve

A new thing I did in this spread was to include some small bits and pieces from our mini-trip, but in a DIY sleeve using project life cards and washi tape. I also made it kind of hidden by layering an instax photo on top of it. A tutorial will be coming up soon, so keep an eye out for that! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jeziell, I found your blog through Pinterest and love your PL pages. Your DIY sleeve idea is fantastic and I am going to try it out. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete