Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Project Life // Week 12

Holy Cannoli, it's been awhile my readers! I am sorry for the lack of posts lately, but for some reason I have just been so busy (or tired) lately.

Speaking of lack of things, I am behind on my project life! I just finished Week 12, but I still have Week 13 and Week 14 to do! Eep! I was doing so good, but then I got sidetracked by other crafty hobbies (yup, still working on that first quilt!) and of course every day life and events. This is the most behind I've been, so hopefully this weekend I can catch up and write a couple posts while I'm at it.

For Week 12 I decided to try using all monochrome colored PL cards: white/black/grey from the Amy Tangerine Plus One mini kit and my Midnight Edition core kit. Then I used embellishments to add pops of color here and there.

Week 12 Spread

This week was a busy week, but for some reason I didn't have that many pictures, so I had to be creative and use some filler cards. I also went a little more simple than I usually do this week because I was on a time constraint and also because I am trying to catch up on my Project Life.

Week 12 // Left side
Week 12 // Right side

My favorite card is the one that is titled "My Girls". I love the striped background with the pops of mustard yellow through the use of alphas and enamel dots.

Week 12 // Details

To be completely honest, this isn't my favorite spread. I wish I had more time to work on it, or more pictures from the week, but I'm not really one to linger, so I just finished it so I can move on. I have plenty more weeks to do, so plenty of more opportunities to be creative! As I always say, this is supposed to be fun, not stressful. Thank goodness for my bullet journal too, because I was able to refer to it to remember what happened that week (because, lets be honest, I can't even remember what I did 3 days ago!).

I have a 2 week break from work coming up to bond with my baby before he turns the big O-N-E, so hopefully during that time I can squeeze a bit of crafting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment