Saturday, February 9, 2013

Mini Babymoon Daycation

As of right now, the Mr. and I are on what we call a Budget Lockdown. This means, no shopping, eating out less (and try to keep our meals to $10 or less per person if we do go somewhere), and no trips for awhile.


Budget lockdowns suck, but we have to do it. This is part of growing up I guess. We just had a large wedding this past August (300 guests!) and are trying to pay off stuff from the wedding and save up for ze bebe, along with pay with all the other things in life (insurance, gas, taxes, car payments, hulu plus). And as much as I would love to go on a 5 day Babymoon in Kauai, that is just something we don't have in our budget right now.


So we ended up spending a day in San Francisco instead, just the two of us. And I loved it just the same.


ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage


We picked up some Custard Buns and Egg Tarts from Wa Li Bakery in Chinatown, then we headed over to Tony's Pizza Napoletana for lunch. (Fun fact: During my pregnancy the top things I ate were cookies, pizza, and eggo waffles).  We had their special award winning Margherita, their New Yorker, and their Bone Marrow appetizer. Everything was super delicious. Then we headed off to Coit Tower since we were close by and I have always wanted to cross this off my bucket list of places to go in the city.


After we soaked up some views and the amazing sunny weather we visited a friend who works in the city, picked up some Chantal Gullion Macarons, and headed over to Twin Peaks to kill some time before dinner.


We had dinner at a new spot called Lolinda. They serve Argentinian tapas, and we just love anything that has to do with tapas so we had to check this place out. We ordered so many things (you can check out my review on Yelp) and we had a great experience and left with happy full bellies.


In the end, a day well spent, and I wouldn't have changed a thing. Just makes me super thankful I have this person in my life that is an amazing husband, companion, and will be a great dad. Mushy, I know, but you'll just have to be ok with it. ;)





note: If you are curious, all of these photos were taken in jpeg format on my husband's beloved Olympus OMD EM5 with little quick editing on iPhoto. I love this camera.


No comments:

Post a Comment