Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Project Life // Week 23

Oh my, is it the middle of June already? I can't believe it, the year is halfway over! For some reason May was so crazy busy and I was exhausted half the time so I became super behind on crafting and pen pals. I'm still waiting for my big break where I can just get paid to craft and travel and eat (or win the lotto. Whichever comes first, I'm not picky ;) )

Anyways, I caught up on all my pen pals first, then started to catch up on my Project Life which I am a little (ok, a LOTTLE) behind. To make it easier for me, I started catching up with the most recent week first, Week 23!

Week 23 Spread

For this kit, I used a combination of things, but mostly had PL cards + embellishments from Studio Calico's Camelot kit, then supplemented with cards from my stash. I also used some embellishments from Freckled Fawn's ohdeerme kit, which I won a free kit from one of their instagram giveaways.

Week 23 // Right side

In order to make it easier for me to catch up, I tried to keep things fairly simple. I changed up my weekly card and decided that from week 21 and forward I'll be using something other than the printable I've been using for the first 20 weeks.

Week 23 // Left side

Week 23 // Details

I also used Studio Calico's Celebrate stamp set for the cork banner, cork stars, and some of the stamped sentiments. I was happy that my mini star punch from Michaels worked perfectly with the star stamps in the set.

Studio Calico: Celebrate stamp set

My favorite card in this spread is the 4x6 card of my husband and Bren with all the ampersands. I was inspired by @paintpaperstudio's instagram post of her ampersand project life sheet, and I think it was a great way to use those ampersands which sometimes I have trouble using.

No comments:

Post a Comment